👋 Hi, I’m Peter#
I develop Python services for Moveworks in United States.
Previously I lived in Russia and Belarus working for Yandex and EPAM in the same position.
I write about Python, vim and git. I’m trying to keep a public journal about non-technical topics.
Articles and notes#
- Profiling django requests
- Formatting data with vim
- Developer docs done right
- List of FOSS Python projects that are fun to work on
- List date of last commit on git branches
- Clean up old celery tasks from database
- Continuous upgrading
- MSSQL cheatsheet
- How to find merge commit which includes a specific commit
- How to clean up stale git branches
- Two-faced JSONField
- DIY Bank balance aggregation
- On delegation
- Beauty of Python’s collections module
- Subtleties of Python compatible release version specifier
- Make a PEX from Python script
- Weblate CLI (wlc) tips and tricks
- Git form saver demo
- SWE job descriptions generated by ChatGPT
- ChatGPT will replace recruiters
- Personal VPN: a tale of Tailscale and Headscale
- Making GraphViz look like Whimsical
- Popular Design Patterns
My open source projects#
kibitzr - Lightweight personal web assistant.
pip-compile-multi - Flexible Python dependency version locker.
awsme - Amazon Web Services Cloud Watch Metrics Library.
gcpfwup - GCP Firewall update tool.
reshell - Reverse shell for deployment debugging.
Git form saver - HTTP API to submit HTML forms to git.
OpenAI CLI - command-line interface for OpenAI GPT-3 model.
Image checker - fictional JPEG validation microservice I use for experiments.
Backgammon counter - Small 11ty + tailwind web page, mostly built by GPT-4.
My side gig#
Selling puppies at French bulldogs DMV